On this page
GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET is a high-performance and cross-platform library that allows you to build desktop and web file viewer applications.
With its powerful and straightforward API, you can execute the following actions:
- View documents in the most popular file formats (DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, PDF, DWG, PSD, HTML, ZIP, and more) by rendering them as HTML, PDF, PNG, and JPEG files. You no longer need third-party software to view files within your .NET application.
- Load documents from different sources (a file, a stream, a URL, an FTP server, Amazon S3, Azure Blob Storage, and so on).
- Open password-protected documents.
- Render the entire document or specific pages.
- Embed all external resources in the output HTML files, generate responsive and minified HTML pages.
- Protect the output PDF files and reorder their pages.
- Rotate pages in the output files.
- Specify whether to render notes and comments contained in the source document.
- Extract text from PDF files and images.
- Extract archive contents and save files attached to PDF documents, email messages, and Outlook data files.
- Obtain basic information about the source document (the file type, number of pages, and page information).
- Replace missing document fonts or specify a folder where GroupDocs.Viewer should look for these fonts.
- Add text watermarks to the output HTML, PDF, and image files.
- Implement caching to increase document loading speed and optimize application performance.
You can use GroupDocs.Viewer across multiple platforms and operation systems:
- Windows, Linux, and macOS
- .NET Framework 2.0 and higher
- .NET Core 3.1
- .NET 5 and higher
If you are new to GroupDocs.Viewer, see the following topics first:
If you encounter an issue while using GroupDocs.Viewer or have a technical question, feel free to create a post in our Free Support Forum. If free support is not sufficient, you can submit a ticket to our Paid Support Helpdesk.
Was this page helpful?
Any additional feedback you'd like to share with us?
Please tell us how we can improve this page.
Thank you for your feedback!
We value your opinion. Your feedback will help us improve our documentation.