Skip rendering of empty columns
This article explains how to hide empty columns when viewing Spreadsheets with GroupDocs.Viewer within your Java applications.
Sometimes Excel document contains information at the beginning of the worksheet and after that, it contains some count of empty (blank) columns. In case, if the number of empty columns is considerably huge, the rendering time increases and hence, it affects the performance.
To skip rendering of empty columns GroupDocs.Viewer for Java provides setSkipEmptyColumns(…) property of SpreadsheetOptions class, which allows to omit rendering empty columns as shown in the sample below.
Viewer viewer = new Viewer("sample.xlsx"); HtmlViewOptions viewOptions = HtmlViewOptions.forEmbeddedResources(); viewOptions.getSpreadsheetOptions().setSkipEmptyColumns(true); viewer.view(viewOptions); viewer.close();
You may easily run the code above and see the feature in action in our GitHub examples:
- GroupDocs.Viewer for Java examples, plugins, and showcase
- Document Viewer for .NET App WebForms UI Modern Example
- Document Viewer for Java App Dropwizard UI Modern Example
- Document Viewer for Java Spring UI Example
- GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET samples, plugins and showcase
- Document Viewer for .NET MVC UI Example
Free Online App
Along with full-featured Java library we provide simple but powerful free Apps. You are welcome to view Word, PDF, Excel, PowerPoint documents with free to use online GroupDocs Viewer App.