Show document comments
Some document types like Microsoft Word, Excel, OpenOffice Text and Spreadsheet may contain comments. Your requirement to include or exclude the comments in output representation of the document may vary in different situations. GroupDocs.Viewer enables you to control the rendering of document comments.
By default, comments are not rendered into the output document. The API provides setRenderComments(…) property of HtmlViewOptions, JpgViewOptions, PngViewOptions or PdfViewOptions class that enables rendering of comments.
This feature is supported for:
- Microsoft Word documents
- PDF documents
The following code sample shows how to render documents with comments.
Viewer viewer = new Viewer("sample.docx"); HtmlViewOptions viewOptions = HtmlViewOptions.forEmbeddedResources(); viewOptions.setRenderComments(true); viewer.view(viewOptions); viewer.close();
You may easily run the code above and see the feature in action in our GitHub examples:
- GroupDocs.Viewer for Java examples, plugins, and showcase
- Document Viewer for .NET App WebForms UI Modern Example
- Document Viewer for Java App Dropwizard UI Modern Example
- Document Viewer for Java Spring UI Example
- GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET samples, plugins and showcase
- Document Viewer for .NET MVC UI Example
Free Online App
Along with full-featured Java library we provide simple but powerful free Apps. You are welcome to view Word, PDF, Excel, PowerPoint documents with free to use online GroupDocs Viewer App.