Load document from local disk
When document is located on the local disk GroupDocs.Viewer enables you to render it by passing path to the file into Viewer class constructor. Viewer will open file for reading only when any method of Viewer will be called.
Following code snippet shows how to load document from local disk.
String filePath = ".\\files\\sample.docx"; Viewer viewer = new Viewer(filePath); HtmlViewOptions viewOptions = HtmlViewOptions.forEmbeddedResources(); viewer.view(viewOptions); viewer.close();
You may easily run the code above and see the feature in action in our GitHub examples:
- GroupDocs.Viewer for Java examples, plugins, and showcase
- Document Viewer for .NET App WebForms UI Modern Example
- Document Viewer for Java App Dropwizard UI Modern Example
- Document Viewer for Java Spring UI Example
- GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET samples, plugins and showcase
- Document Viewer for .NET MVC UI Example
Free Online App
Along with full-featured Java library we provide simple but powerful free Apps. You are welcome to view Word, PDF, Excel, PowerPoint documents with free to use online GroupDocs Viewer App.