MS Outlook allows to filter messages inside folders by some text value from message content and by part of the sender’s or recipient’s address.
GroupDocs.Viewer also allows filtering the rendered messages using the following filters:
- Filter by subject and content using setTextFilter(…)
- Filter by the sender’s and recipient’s email addresses using setAddressFilter(…)
As an example, when setting setTextFilter(…) as
Microsoft the API will render all messages that contain the text
Microsoft in the message’s subject or body. Whereas, setting setAddressFilter(…) as
susan will filter messages that contain
susan as a part of the sender’s or recipient’s address. The following code samples show how to filter the messages.
Viewer viewer = new Viewer("sample.ost"); HtmlViewOptions viewOptions = HtmlViewOptions.forEmbeddedResources(); viewOptions.getOutlookOptions().setTextFilter("Microsoft"); viewOptions.getOutlookOptions().setAddressFilter("susan"); viewer.view(viewOptions); viewer.close();
You may easily run the code above and see the feature in action in our GitHub examples:
- GroupDocs.Viewer for Java examples, plugins, and showcase
- Document Viewer for .NET App WebForms UI Modern Example
- Document Viewer for Java App Dropwizard UI Modern Example
- Document Viewer for Java Spring UI Example
- GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET samples, plugins and showcase
- Document Viewer for .NET MVC UI Example
Free Online App
Along with full-featured Java library we provide simple but powerful free Apps. You are welcome to view Word, PDF, Excel, PowerPoint documents with free to use online GroupDocs Viewer App.