Load document from Stream
There might be the case when your document is not physically located on the disk. Instead, you have the document in the form of a stream. In this case, to avoid the overhead of saving stream as a file on disk, GroupDocs.Signature enables you to work with document from streams directly. Please be aware that Signature object does not dispose passed stream.
The following are the steps to be followed:
- Obtain document stream;
- Pass opened stream to Signature class constructor.
Following code snippet serves this purpose.
InputStream stream = new FileInputStream("sample.pdf"); Signature signature = new Signature(stream); QrCodeSignOptions options = new QrCodeSignOptions("JohnSmith"); options.setEncodeType(QrCodeTypes.QR); options.setLeft(100); options.setTop(100); // sign document to file signature.sign("SampleSigned.pdf", options);
You may easily run the code above and see the feature in action in our GitHub examples:
- GroupDocs.Signature for .NET examples, plugins, and showcase
- GroupDocs.Signature for Java examples, plugins, and showcase
- Document Signature for .NET MVC UI Example
- Document Signature for .NET App WebForms UI Example
- Document Signature for Java App Dropwizard UI Example
- Document Signature for Java Spring UI Example
Free Online App
Along with full-featured .NET library we provide simple, but powerful free Apps.
You are welcome to eSign PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint documents with free to use online GroupDocs Signature App.