This page contains a list of supported features. For detailed information on a particular feature, refer to the corresponding pages in the Advanced Usage section.
GroupDocs.Search provides the following indexing features:
- Create index in memory or on disk.
- Update index to take into account changed, deleted and added documents.
- Merge several indexes into one.
- Optimize index to improve search performance.
- Indexing password protected documents.
- Indexing with stop words.
- Support for indexing additional fields.
- Support for blended characters.
- Support for characters indexed as a whole word.
- Support for character replacement during indexing.
- Support for custom text extractors.
- Option for compact and metadata index.
- Ability to save extracted text in index with different level of compression.
- Document filtering during indexing.
- Deleting indexed paths from index.
GroupDocs.Search provides the following search features:
- Simple word search.
- Boolean search.
- Regular expression search.
- Faceted search.
- Case sensitive search.
- Flexible fuzzy search.
- Synonym search.
- Homophone search.
- Wildcard search.
- Phrase search with wildcards.
- Search for different word forms.
- Date range search.
- Numeric range search.
- Search by chunks (pages).
- Document filtering in search result.
- Search for different object types: text, numbers, dates, file names, document types, metadata fields, document creation/modification dates.
- Combining different types of search into one search query.
- Alias substitution in search queries.
- Perform spell check during search.
- Perform keyboard layout correction during search.
- Search queries in text or flexible object form.
- Highlighting search results in the text of the entire document or in text segments.
- Multiple simultaneous thread safe search.
- Thread safe search during indexing, updating or merging operation.
- Search over several indexes simultaneously.