Working with Documents Comparison
GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET is a lightweight API which allows you to compare two versions of a PDF or Office document (or other supported documents) and display differences between them through a diff view interface.
- Compare contents & styles: The library can identify both content and font style changes, including bold, italic, underlines, strike-troughs, font types, etc.
- Get comparison summary: Once documents are processed, you can save a summery list of all changes found in the result output.
- Accept/reject changes: After applying/rejecting changes, the resulting file can be exported to a final document
- Merge & compare: The library allows you to spot which changes come from what file. Support for Word's native Track Changes functionality When comparing Word files, the merged document can be saved as a DOC/DOCX file, reflecting all the diffs found with the Word's native "Track Changes" feature.
- Support for streams: Documents can be read from streams and the result output can be send to streams as well.
- Flexible API: You can compare documents programmatically on the server side, use the library in conjunction with a built-in web UI to display diffs on the web, or built your own UI from scratch.
- Compare Multiple Documents: GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API supports multiple source document comparison with single target document .
Microsoft Word Files Comparison
- Native track changes for Microsoft word files comparison
- Merge these track changes and save in separate file
- Accept/reject changes in Word files
- Support for Group Shapes while using Comparison.Words
- Implement Comparison by Page Numbers while using Comparison.Words
- Implement formulas comparison
- Merge & compare up to 3 Word files
HTML Files Comparison
- Save HTML files to word document while using Comparison.Text
- Can save comparison result as images
- Implement the own absorber of tables
API also supports diagram comparison.
Automatic format detection with saving results into
- File with extension
- File with extension for encrypted documents
- File for encrypted documents
- File with comparison type and settings for encrypted documents
- Stream with comparison settings
- Stream with comparison type and settings
- Stream for encrypted documents
- Stream with comparison settings for encrypted documents
- Stream with comparison type and settings for encrypted documents
Text Styles Compared in Comparison
For words(letters) API compares:
- Style(Bold, Italic, Underline, SmallCaps, Hyperlink)
- UnderlineColor if underlined
- SpaceAfter, SpaceBefore paragraph
For text Sections of page(where supported):
- Page orientation