What is GroupDocs.Metadata?
GroupDocs.Metadata for Java is a full featured class library which allows users to read and edit metadata associated with various document, image, audio, video and many other formats. It works with most notable metadata standards: XMP, EXIF, IPTC, Image Resource Blocks, ID3 and format-specific metadata properties. The Metadata API is very flexible and easy to operate with. It provides extended capabilities allowing working with metadata in a unified way regardless of the file format.
Why use GroupDocs.Metadata?
- Work with most popular metadata standards: XMP, EXIF, IPTC, Image Resource Blocks, ID3, document properties, etc
- Manage audio metadata: ID3 tag (ID3v1, ID3v2), Lyrics3 tag, APE
- Create, modify and remove metadata associated with supported formats with a few lines of code
- Identify built-in, custom and hidden metadata
- Work with password-protected documents
- Render image previews for supported formats to easily create UI for you application
- Detect the format and MIME type of a loaded file by its internal structure
- Use predefined tags to manipulate metadata properties in a unified way across all supported formats
- Detect and remove digital signatures associated with a loaded file
- Inspect office documents to extract user comments, form fields, hidden pages, etc
- Work with a variety of document, image, video and audio formats
- Manage metadata in e-books, torrent files, archives, electronic business cards, saved emails, etc