GroupDocs.Merger exposes powerful and easy to use API to merge PowerPoint and Open Document presentations of PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX and ODP, OTP formats. Presentations can be combined as a whole or on a page by page basis depending on your requirements. The big advantage of GroupDocs.Merger is that presentations can be merged programmatically without any third-party software installed (like Microsoft PowerPoint or Open Office) or manual work.
GroupDocs.Merger combines presentations with all their content with no quality and data loss - text formatting, comments, animations, smart arts, shapes, etc.
- join(String) - allows to merge document provided via file path on a local disk;
- join(InputStream) - provides an ability to combine documents loaded from any source - memory stream, remote URL etc.;
- join(String, IJoinOptions) - is used for merging specific pages for document stored at local disk;
- join(InputStream, IJoinOptions) - used for merging specific pages from document provided as a stream.
The following example demonstrates how to merge presentations with several lines of code:
Merger merger = new Merger(@"c:\presentation1.ppt"); merger.join(@"c:\presentation2.ppt"); merger.save(@"c:\merged.ppt");
Advanced Usage Topics
To learn more about document merging features, please refer the advanced usage section.
You may easily run the code above and see the feature in action in our GitHub examples:
- GroupDocs.Merger for .NET examples, plugins and showcase
- GroupDocs.Merger for Java examples, plugins and showcase
Free Online App
Along with full featured Java library we provide simple, but powerful free Apps. You are welcome to merge your documents with our free online GroupDocs Merger App.