Working with Documents Viewer
GroupDocs.Viewer API designed for easy integration into any .NET application. It allows you to display over 50 document formats in your .NET applications. The viewer can rasterize documents and convert them to SVG+HTML+CSS, delivering true-text high-fidelity rendering.It also provides some cool features like Watermarking and Transformation (Rotate, Reorder). The supported file formats include Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, and Outlook documents, PDFs, AutoCAD, image files (TIFF, JPG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, etc.) and more.
Get HTML Representations of Documents
GroupDocs.Viewer API supports to get the Html representation of a document in any of the formats included in the Supported Document Formats. It works like the following ways:
- It raster the document and convert the document pages into SVG+HTML+CSS.
- The EnableCaching feature can also be used. It will store the Html representation in the directory(specified for cache) at the local drive.In a case of repetitive viewing of the document, it uses cached Html representation. This thing helps to avoid the processing of the same document again and again.
Get Image Representations of Documents
GroupDocs.Viewer API supports to get the Image representation of a document in any of the formats included in the Supported Document Formats. It works like the following ways:
- It raster the document and convert the document pages into images form.
- The EnableCaching feature can also be used. It will store the Images representation in the directory(specified for cache) at the local drive.In a case of repetitive viewing of the document, it uses cached images. This thing helps to avoid the processing of the same document again and again.
View Document in PDF Form
GroupDocs.Viewer API provides the ways to get the PDF view of a document in any of the formats included in the Supported Document Formats.
View Document as it is (Original Form)
By using the GroupDocs.Viewer API, a representation of a document can be gotten as the document's original format.
GroupDocs.Viewer API provides various transformation methods to apply in the output of the rendered document. Below is the list of transformation ways/methods:
- Rotate Page apply rotation to the page while the document is going to be rendered in HTML or Image presentation.
- Reorder Page can change the order of the pages during the presentation (Html or image) of the document.
- Add Watermark It can apply a specified text as watermark to all pages/images of the output.
Get Document Information
GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API provides the feature to get document's information. The information contains following fields:
Remove Cache Files
GroupDocs.Viewer API also provides the feature to remove cache files. Following are the two ways to perform this operation.
- Remove all cache files
- Remove cache files specifying the file name
Working with Email Attachments
GroupDocs.Viewer API supports accessing and rendering files attached to email messages. Following are the key features related to email attachments.
- Get original files attached with email message
- Get image representation of email attachments
- Get HTML representation of email attachments
Adding Custom Fonts
The user can also add custom font directories in the configuration using GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.
Encoding Word, Excel and Email Documents
Some users may need to encode their documents to fulfill their requirements. GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API starting v3.2.0 enables users to encode Word, Excel and Email document according to their desired encoding standards
Custom Input Data Handlers
The documents located at Ftp locations or cloud storage can be rendered using GroupDocs.Viewer API. API provides IInputDataHandler interface to implement this feature.
Rendering Word Documents with Tracked Changes
GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET supports rendering of Word documents with tracked changes in both HTML based rendering and image-based rendering. Furthermore, it also supports rendering of Word document into PDF with tracked changes.
Getting PDF without Annotations
When rendering annotated PDF documents, by default, the annotations are represented in the resultant document. But sometimes you might not want to include annotations in resultant documents. The feature of rendering PDF document without annotations is also supported by GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.
Rendering Document with Comments
Some document types like Microsoft Word, Excel, OpenOffice Text and Spreadsheet may contain comments. The GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET provides you the option to specify whether you want to render the comments or not.
Rendering Archive Documents
GroupDocs.Viewer for .Net API supports rendering Archive documents. Rendering into HTML provides one HTML page with the list of all items (files and folders) in the root of the archive. Rendering into PDF and image provides one or more pages
Working with PDF Layers
GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET allows you to access the layers of a PDF document. It also provides you the settings to render the layers separately.
Responsive HTML Representation
GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET also enables you to get the responsive HTML representation of the documents.