This release contains advanced image search features like grabbing image content, extended search criteria and some important fixes and improvements. Below the list of most notable changes in release of GroupDocs.Signature for .NET 20.2:
- Implemented additional image search criteria.
- Involved ability to grab image content from document signatures
- Multi threading PDF document processing with Digital signatures was fixed
- Document information was extended with signatures and form fields details
- Fixed bugs with Open Office documents
- Few signature API overload methods were added
Full List of Issues Covering all Changes in this Release
|SIGNATURENET-2605||Extend Image Signature with image data content for Presentations documents||Feature|
|SIGNATURENET-2604||Extend Image Signature with image data content for Word Processing documents||Feature|
|SIGNATURENET-2603||Extend Image Signature with image data content for Spreadsheets documents||Feature|
|SIGNATURENET-2585||Extend Image Signature with image data content for Pdf documents||Feature|
|SIGNATURENET-2529||Implement Image Size filter for Image Search functionality||Feature|
|SIGNATURENET-2377||Implement output Image format property for Image Search Options||Feature|
|SIGNATURENET-2528||Extend Document Information with list of existing signatures and document Form Fields|
|SIGNATURENET-2470||Improve ability to search over simple SignatureType argument or several||Improvement|
|SIGNATURENET-2628||Multiple parallel API calls on digital signing PDF document raise an exception||Bug|
|SIGNATURENET-2445||Text search returns no signatures for Word Processing documents with format odt||Bug|
Public Developer Guide examples changes
Following topics from Developer Guide were added:
Following topics from Developer Guide were updated:
Public API and Backward Incompatible Changes
In version 20.2 following public members were added:
added overloaded method Search that expects one argument as SignatureType value. This method implements searching for specified type of signatures. For example call of this method with argument SignatureType.MetadataSignature.
added overloaded method Search that expects variable list or array of SignatureType values. This methods implements searching for different signature types without any additional search criteria and returns SearchResult object with list of found signatures.
How to search for Qr-code signatures in the document. Following example shows searching for QR Code signatures within the document with simplest Search method.
How to search for multiple Qr-code and Barcode signatures in the document. Following example shows searching for signatures using new Search method.
New public class GroupDocs.Signature.Domain.ComboboxFormFieldSignature was added to implement Combo Box Form Field signatures for PDF and Word processing Documents.
This class is supported only as information about existing document Form Fields obtained over GetDocumentInfo method.
- property TextSignatures as list of TextSignature returns document text signatures previously added over Sign method;
- property ImageSignatures as list of ImageSignature keeps document image signatures previously added over Sign method;
- property DigitalSignatures as list of DigitalSignature keeps document digital signatures previously added over Sign method;
- property BarcodeSignatures as list of BarcodeSignature keeps document barcode signatures previously added over Sign method;
- property QrCodeSignatures as list of QrCodeSignature keeps document Qr-code signatures previously added over Sign method;
- property FormFieldSignatures as list of FormFieldSignature keeps document form field signatures previously added over Sign method;
- property FormFields as list ofof FormFieldSignature keeps all supported existing document forms fields no matter if these fields were added over Signature library or third party software.
Public class GroupDocs.Signature.Domain.ImageSignature was updated with changes as follow
- new property Format of type FileType was added to specify the original image data format;
- new property byte Content was added to keep original image raw data content
Since 20.2 version there's ability to grab content of image signatures. To enable this feature the property ReturnContent of ImageSearchOptions must be set to true. Also there is ability to specify output image content format type over property ReturnContentType.
Following example shows how to search for Image signatures in the PDF document and grab images content.
Public class ImageSearchOptions was updated with changes as follow
- New property bool ReturnConten was added to specify if returned image signatures objects should keep original or converted (if property Format was specified) image raw data. By default this value is set to false.
- New property long MinContentSize was added to support filtering image signatures by the minimum size of its image content. By default this value is set to 0 and this property does not affect search process.
- New property long MaxContentSize was added to support filtering image signatures by the maximum size of its image content. By default this value is set to 0 and this property does not affect search process.
- New property ReturnContentType of FileType type was added to specify non default returned image content type. By default this value is set to null that means original image format will be returned.
Following example demonstrates how to specify Image Search with various options to grab image content