Get document info
GroupDocs.Conversion allows to get basic document information (like pages count) for every supported document type, which may be useful for converting part of source document or per-page conversion.
Along with this GroupDocs.Conversion provides additional information for the following document types:
- CAD drawings - collection of layouts and layers;
- Email - attachments count, is html body, is encrypted, is signed;
- PDF document - pages count, is landscaped, is encrypted, author and creation date;
- Image - width, height, image format;
- Presentation document - slides count, author, creation date and presentation format;
- Spreadsheet document - worksheets count, author and creation date;
- Wordprocessing document - pages count, lines count, words count, author and creation date.
Here is a code snippet to demonstrate how to obtain document info for PDF document.
Converter converter = new Converter(("sample.pdf"); IDocumentInfo info = converter.getDocumentInfo(); PdfDocumentInfo pdfInfo = (PdfDocumentInfo) info; System.out.print("Author: "+ pdfInfo.getAuthor()); System.out.print("Creation date: "+ pdfInfo.getCreationDate()); System.out.print("Title: "+ pdfInfo.getTitle()); System.out.print("Version: "+ pdfInfo.getVersion()); System.out.print("Pages count: "+ pdfInfo.getPagesCount()); System.out.print("Width: "+ pdfInfo.getWidth()); System.out.print("Height: "+ pdfInfo.getHeight()); System.out.print("Is landscaped: "+ pdfInfo.getIsLandscape()); System.out.print("Is Encrypted: "+ pdfInfo.getIsEncrypted());
Advanced Usage Topics
To learn more about document viewing features, please refer to the advanced usage section.
You may easily run the code above and see the feature in action in our GitHub examples:
- GroupDocs.Conversion for .NET examples, plugins, and showcase
- GroupDocs.Conversion for Java examples, plugins, and showcase
- Document Conversion for .NET MVC UI Example
- Document Conversion for .NET App WebForms UI Modern Example
- Document Conversion for Java App Dropwizard UI Modern Example
- Document Conversion for Java Spring UI Example
Free Online Document Converter Apps
Along with full-featured Java library we provide free Apps and free services for document conversion.
In order to see a full potential of GroupDocs.Conversion, you are welcome to convert DOC to PDF, DOC to XLSX, PDF to DOC, PDF to XLSX, PPT to DOC and more with Free Online Document Converter App or get a full advantage of Free Online Document Converter Suite with advanced conversion settings and many more enterprise built-in features.
Please note that more premium features, advanced options and enhanced document management experience is available for signed-in users at conholdate.app for FREE.
If you don’t own an account yet, register it now for free! No credit card is required!