GroupDocs.Comparison provides the ability to compare and customize the display of revisions in the resulting document.
Revision - changes received when comparing documents using built-in Word tools.
By default, the display of revisions is enabled. Below are the steps to turn off the display of revisions:
- Instantiate Comparer object with source file path or stream;
- Call add method and specify target file path or stream;
- Instantiate CompareOptions object and set ShowRevisions property to false;
- Call compare method and pass CompareOptions object from previous step.
Example code block to disable the display of revisions
Example of a result with the Revision display enabled
|Closed state||Open state|
Example of a result with the Revision display disabled
|Disable display Revisions|
You may easily run the code above and see the feature in action in our GitHub examples:
- GroupDocs.Comparison for Java examples, plugins, and showcase
- GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET examples, plugins, and showcase
- Document Comparison for Java App Dropwizard UI Modern Example
- Document Comparison for Java Spring UI Example
- Document Comparison for .NET MVC UI Example
- Document Comparison for .NET App WebForms UI Modern Example
Free Online App
Along with full-featured Java library we provide simple, but powerful free Apps. You are welcome to compare your DOC or DOCX, XLS or XLSX, PPT or PPTX, PDF, EML, EMLX, MSGand other documents with free to use online GroupDocs Comparison App.