On this page
You may need to compare two versions of a PowerPoint Presentation to see the differences between them (e.g., if a colleague has edited it directly without noting the changes). And the quickest way to do this is with PowerPoint’s built-in Compare function. To use this:
- Open the original version of your presentation
- Go to Review > Compare
- Click Compare to open a browser window
- Select the edited version of the presentation and click Merge
You will then enter Review Mode. This will open the Reviewing Pane, which shows a list of all edits in the presentation at the right of the screen.
Such functionality that is provided by third-party programs is clearly not enough. GroupDocs.Comparison provides many features for comparing a wide range of supported file formats, including PowerPoint Presentation format. Let’s make an example, you made a presentation at different times, but the elements on the slides are not located as you originally did. To find where the slides differ, you can compare two files in PPTX format using the GroupDocs.Comparison for Java functionality along with a built-in option that helps find changes in styles.
|Original presentation||Modified presentation|
The following are the steps to compare two PPTX files.
- Instantiate Comparer object with source document path or stream;
- Instantiate CompareOptions object with desired parameters;
- Call compare method and pass CompareOptions object to method;
The following code samples demonstrate how to compare two PPTX files.
As a result, we get a PPTX file where the deleted elements are marked in red, the added – in blue, and the modified – in green
To compare comments in presentation document, you have to set DetalisationLevel property to High:
To learn more about document comparison features, please refer to the advanced usage section.
You may easily run the code above and see the feature in action in our GitHub examples:
- GroupDocs.Comparison for Java examples, plugins, and showcase
- GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET examples, plugins, and showcase
- Document Comparison for Java App Dropwizard UI Modern Example
- Document Comparison for Java Spring UI Example
- Document Comparison for .NET MVC UI Example
- Document Comparison for .NET App WebForms UI Modern Example
Along with full-featured Java library we provide simple, but powerful free Apps. You are welcome to compare your DOC or DOCX, XLS or XLSX, PPT or PPTX, PDF, EML, EMLX, MSGand other documents with free to use online GroupDocs Comparison App.
Was this page helpful?
Any additional feedback you'd like to share with us?
Please tell us how we can improve this page.
Thank you for your feedback!
We value your opinion. Your feedback will help us improve our documentation.