On this page
Changes detection algorithms used by GroupDocs.Comparison for Java allows to detect changes in different document parts and blocks:
- Text blocks - paragraphs, words and characters;
- Shapes etc.
For better visual separation of detected changes added, modified or deleted document parts are highlighted with different colors:
- Added – blue
- Modified – green
- Style – green
- Deleted – red
Changes styling coloring scheme can be customized if needed, changed text blocks can be marked with different formatting - italic, bold, underlined, strikethrough etc.
Here are simple steps to compare two documents:
- Instantiate Comparer object with source document path or stream;
- Call add method and specify target document path or stream.
- Call compare method.
The following code snippet demonstrates the simplest case of documents comparison using couple lines of code.
To learn more about document comparison features, please refer to the advanced usage section.
You may easily run the code above and see the feature in action in our GitHub examples:
- GroupDocs.Comparison for Java examples, plugins, and showcase
- GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET examples, plugins, and showcase
- Document Comparison for Java App Dropwizard UI Modern Example
- Document Comparison for Java Spring UI Example
- Document Comparison for .NET MVC UI Example
- Document Comparison for .NET App WebForms UI Modern Example
Along with full-featured Java library we provide simple, but powerful free Apps. You are welcome to compare your DOC or DOCX, XLS or XLSX, PPT or PPTX, PDF, EML, EMLX, MSGand other documents with free to use online GroupDocs Comparison App.
Was this page helpful?
Any additional feedback you'd like to share with us?
Please tell us how we can improve this page.
Thank you for your feedback!
We value your opinion. Your feedback will help us improve our documentation.