Developers Guide - Web Report Generator
- A Template created in one of the Supported Document Formats conforming to Supported Template Syntax.
- A Connection String in order to connect to a DataBase that can be accessed through DataSet / DataTable etc
- Type of Data Source. For example, Table / Views etc
- Data Source. Select a table / view from the connected DataBase
- Verifies Template Document Format.
- Connects to MS SQL Server Database using connection string
- Tests Connection according to the provided connection string.
- Populates all Tables from connected database.
- Populates all Views from connected database.
- Allows to enter Custom Query.
- Passes Template and Data Source to the GroupDocs.Assembly - GroupDocs.Assembly generates a report according to the inputs
- Serves the report back to the browser
- A Report generated based on the Template Syntax and the Data Source - This report will be in the same Document Format as that of the source Template Document Format.
Here is a sample report in Microsoft Word Document Format for ‘Products’ table
An Example Business Case
Note: This business case covers almost all the Supported Data Formats