Add, edit and remove annotations
GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET main feature is document annotation which supports over 13 different annotation types for over 50 file formats with full control for your annotations such as adding annotations, editing annotations and removing annotations.
We offer a wide range of graphic, text and watermark annotation types to suit all your needs, please see all available annotation types in the list below.
- Area – marks an area with a rectangle and adds notes to it;
- Arrow – draws an arrow on a document;
- Distance – measures a distance between objects in a document;
- Point – sticks comments to any point in a document;
- Polyline – draws shapes and freehand lines;
- Redaction – fills black rectangle with fixed position (used if you want to hide some text);
- TextField – adds rectangle with a text inside;
- Ellipse – draws elliptic annotation in a document.
- Highlight – highlights and comments selected text;
- Replacement – replaces original text with user’s text;
- Strikeout – marks text with a strikethrough styling;
- Underline – marks text with an underline styling.
- Horizontal - adds horizontal text watermark;
- Diagonal - adds diagonal text watermark.
In case if document already contains annotations added previously, GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET provides proper tools for reading and processing such data, extraction information, etc.
Add and remove comments
Each annotation type support comment collaboration. Add, remove or reply to comments for any annotation.
Export annotated document
Export document after adding annotations and comments back to original format.
Generate document pages previews & thumbnails
GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET offers a feature to render document pages as images for your desktop, mobile or web front-end applications. With this feature you can view any document, calculate annotations coordinate more precisely for adding or removing annotations or simply generate a document preview and document thumbnails.
By default cache is stored to a local disk, however GroupDocs.Annotation offers custom cache feature which can be used by implementing appropriate interfaces – Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, Windows Azure, Reddis or any other.