Add area annotation Leave feedback
On this page
Area annotation allows to mark up an area within the document page with a rectangle like shown at the picture below.
There is an ability to specify the next fields for AreaAnnotation type:
- BackgroundColor - describes area background color;
- Box - defines annotation position at document page;
- Opacity - allows to set annotation opacity;
- PenColor - defines frame color;
- PenStyle - defines frame line style (solid, dash, dot etc.);
- PenWidth - defines frame line width in pixels.
Follow these steps to add Area annotation to document:
- Instantiate Annotator object with input document path or stream;
- Instantiate AreaAnnotation object with desired fields (position, page number, etc);
- Call add method and pass AreaAnnotation object;
- Call save method with resultant document path or stream.
The following code demonstrates how to add AreaAnnotation to the document:
To learn more about document annotating features, please refer to the advanced usage section.
You may easily run the code above and see the feature in action in our GitHub examples:
- GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET examples, plugins, and showcase
- GroupDocs.Annotation for Java examples, plugins, and showcase
- Document Annotation for .NET MVC UI Example
- Document Annotation for .NET App WebForms UI Modern Example
- Document Annotation for Java App Dropwizard UI Modern Example
- Document Annotation for Java Spring UI Example
Along with full-featured Java library we provide simple, but powerful free Apps.
You are welcome to annotate your PDF, DOC or DOCX, XLS or XLSX, PPT or PPTX, PNG and other documents with free to use online GroupDocs Annotation App.
Was this page helpful?
Any additional feedback you'd like to share with us?
Please tell us how we can improve this page.
Thank you for your feedback!
We value your opinion. Your feedback will help us improve our documentation.